Au Co Cruise
Gulf of Tonkin!
DAY 1: HALONG BAY – LAN HA BAY (L/D)
Cruise map (click to enlarge)
Lan Ha bay
Cat Ba rain forest
Sung Sot cave (Halong bay)
The first day of your cruise is an introduction to the amazing scenery of Halong Bay and its southern sister; Lan Ha Bay. Cruising through Halong Bay will literally take your breath away, as we pass famous spots like Thien Cung and Me Cung caves, plus Soi Sim and Titov islands. Also located in the Gulf of Tonkin, to the south of Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay, Dark and Bright Cave offers tranquility and nature at its best, and a guided kayaking tour or a refreshing swim in the Bay’s emerald waters are two of the best ways to enjoy it. Then we anchor at Ho Dong Tien area, a peaceful and beautiful location.
DAY 2: CAT BA ISLAND – BAI TU LONG BAY (B/L/D)
Cat Ba Island is famous for its national park, with more than half the island designated. This island, far and away the largest in the Gulf of Tonkin, is covered by a dense rainforest home to numerous indigenous species of flora and fauna. The secluded village of Viet Hai, situated in the middle of this pristine environment, is easily accessible thanks to a short walk or cycling trip and is where we are developing an organic farm which you can visit.
Bai Tu Long Bay, located a little further east of Halong Bay, is the most remote area of your voyage. The exceptional scale and variety of the geological rock formations in this area are sure to make this a future destination for cruising in the Gulf of Tonkin. A relaxing rowing boat tour through the floating village of Vung Vieng and cruising into the geological park of this bay will definitely be delightful moments for you to remember.
DAY 3: HALONG BAY (B)
Halong Bay, designated a UNESCO world heritage site for its limestone rock formations, is home to about 2,000 isles and islets of different shapes and sizes, creating a truly breathtaking seascape. At its heart is the highest concentration of limestone rocks in the area and caves and grottoes abound. One of the most beautiful is the Sung Sot (Surprise) Cave. Exceptional because of its size and the shapes which have been created by millions of years of erosion, the Surprise Cave is not to be missed.
Note: The above itinerary is subject to change with or without prior notice
- Rates are in USD, per person, based on double occupancy, including TAX and SERVICE CHARGES.
- The FOC rate for children under 5 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
- The child rate for children from 5 to 12 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults. In case the child occupies the sole cabin, the rate for adults is applied.
- Welcome drinks
- Boat trip & specified program
- English speaking guide on board
- Kayaking on the second day
- All meals per program
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- Tax and service charges
- Insurance on board
- Vietnam visa arrangements, learn more.
- Personal travel insurance
- Drinks, tippings
- Other personal expenses.
- Transfer round trip (on request)